Welcome to Congregation Beth Shalom’s High Holy Days
עֵץ־חַיִּ֣ים הִ֭יא לַמַּחֲזִיקִ֣ים בָּ֑הּ וְֽתֹמְכֶ֥יהָ מְאֻשָּֽׁר׃
She is a tree of life to those who grasp her,
And whoever holds on to her is happy.
Congregation Beth Shalom has had roots in our community for decades providing a home for people of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are united in our commitment to the study of Torah, the pursuit of mitzvot and deeds of loving kindness, and we pray that this year we continue to branch out to new understandings and new ways of spiritual living. As we enter our sanctuary for prayer, may we think about ways to embrace each other. Our community is a tree of life for those who hold on to it and for those who embrace it. As we meet each other on this journey through the High Holy Days, may we find happiness and joy through our Tradition’s wisdom and may we find a profoundness of life in our holy day experience. This is the true meaning of the Yamim Noraim, these days of awe.
Rabbi Jay Siegel
- Custom Amount
- Pikuah Nefesh – “Safeguarding Life” which supersedes most other obligations or mitzvot),
- Kol Yisrael Areivim Zeh Bazeh – “We Are Responsible for One Another”, acting in ways in which members of our CBS Community do not feel discriminated against or unduly disadvantaged based on their health needs, and giving
- As our spiritual leader and mara d’atra (religious leader) of Congregation Beth Shalom, Rabbi Siegel has been in consultation with the local and international Rabbinical Assembly, clergy peers, and our Ritual Leadership Team.
High Holy Days Schedule 5784/2023
The services marked with an asterisk (*) will be held behind the Arco station at Valencia and Bouquet Cyn Rd
Saturday, September 9th
Friday, September 15th
Morning Service (Shabbat)
Saturday, September 16th
Morning Service (Second Day)
Sunday, September 17th
(behind the Arco Station at Valencia and Bouguet Cyn Rd)
Sunday, September 24th
Monday, September 25th
Break The Fast
Friday, September 29th
1st Day of Sukkot
Saturday, September 30th
Morning Service w/Yizkor
Saturday, October 7th
Saturday, October 7th
Sunday, October 8th
We are committed to offering a high quality, meaningful holiday experience for our CBS Community and guests this year under extraordinary circumstances. Support, financial and personal, of our the synagogue’s activities year-round will make ensure we will still be here for High Holidays 5782, and well beyond. We hope that you view your support as an investment in our CBS community and family.
- Support our decision and plans for observing the holidays together as a community.
- Offer your time to help with services, education sessions, activities, enhanced programming ideas.
- Be sure your CBS membership is current to receive access to High Holiday services and programs.
- Continue to read communications regarding High Holidays via emails, weekly blasts website, and CBS’s Facebook.
- Reach out and wish those in our community a Happy New Year
- Embrace a new High Holiday experience with family and friends.